Describe a website which helped you to do something / website you visitoften/ use regularly
- Which site is it?
- How did you know about it
- How it helped
- Why do you visit it often
During the lockdown when colleges were shut and digital learning was prevalent, I
was looking for ways to continue my education and improve my skills. I started by googling various online learning platforms and came across Coursera.org, which offered a wide range of free courses from top universities and institutions around the world.
I was immediately intrigued and decided to sign up for a course on business
management. The course was taught by expert instructors and included video
lectures, quizzes, and assignments. I found the course to be engaging and interactive, and I was able to learn at my own pace and on my own schedule.
As I progressed through the course, I found myself visiting Coursera more and
more often. I appreciated the quality of the courses and the flexibility of the platform. I was able to track my progress and earn certificates of completion for
each course I finished.
Since then, I have continued to use Coursera to expand my knowledge and skills in various areas, from computer science to psychology. I appreciate the convenience and accessibility of the platform, and the community of learners who provide support and feedback.
Overall, Coursera has been a valuable resource for me, especially during the
lockdown when traditional forms of education were not available. It has helped me to continue my education and improve my skills, and I would recommend it to
anyone who is interested in lifelong learning.
Speaking Part 3 : Follow up questions
1. What are the most popular and least popular apps in your country?
– The most popular apps in India are WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. The least popular apps may vary, but some examples could include niche apps with limited usage or poorly designed apps with technical issues.
2. What the difference between the internet and the TV?
– The internet and TV are different in several ways. TV is a one-way broadcast medium where content is transmitted to viewers through a set schedule. On the other hand, the internet is a two-way communication platform where users can access content and also create and share their own content. The internet offers a vast range of information and services, while TV is limited to the channels and programs provided by broadcasters.
3. Why do some people like to read news on the internet instead of getting it from TV?
– Some people prefer to read news on the internet instead of watching it on TV because they have more control over the content they consume. On the internet, they can choose the sources of news they trust and access a wider range of perspectives and opinions. They can also access news at any time and on any device, without having to wait for a scheduled broadcast.
4. Are libraries still beneficial? Why or why not?
– Libraries can still be beneficial for many reasons. They offer access to books, resources, and educational programs that may not be available elsewhere. They provide a quiet and conducive environment for studying and learning. They also offer community services such as free internet access, cultural events, and adult literacy programs.
5. What kinds of people still like to go to the library to study?
– People who value a quiet and focused environment for studying, or who do not have access to the necessary resources at home, may prefer to go to the library to study. Additionally, some people enjoy the social and cultural aspects of visiting the library and engaging with other members of the community.
6. What is difference between the old and young in regards to internet use?
– The older generation may have less experience with and be less comfortable using technology and the internet, while younger generations may have grown up with technology and be more adept at using it. Younger people may also be more likely to use social media and consume online content regularly.
7. Can internet help children in their study?
– Yes, the internet can help children in their studies by providing access to educational resources, online courses, and interactive learning platforms. It can also help them connect with teachers, tutors, and peers for collaboration and support.
8. Will downloading music or movies for free cause a problem?
– Downloading music or movies for free can cause legal and ethical problems, as it is often a violation of copyright laws. It can also contribute to a culture of piracy and devalue the hard work of creators and artists.
9. Some people say that different age groups have different tastes on the internet content. What do you think?
– Different age groups may have different tastes in internet content based on their interests, experiences, and cultural background. Younger people may be more interested in social media and entertainment content, while older people may be more interested in news and information.
10. What influence can (or does) the internet have on children?
– The internet can have a significant influence on children, both positive and negative. It can provide access to educational resources, online communities, and opportunities for creative expression. However, it can also expose children to inappropriate content, cyberbullying, and online predators.
11 . What kind of people don’t use the internet and what are the disadvantages that those people suffer because they don’t use the internet?
– People who do not use the internet may miss out on important information and opportunities, such as job postings, social events, and educational resources. They may also be limited in their communication and access to services. However, for some people, the disadvantages of using the internet, such as security and privacy concerns or information overload, may outweigh the benefits.