1.What’s (the name of) your hometown?
- My hometown is Mohali, located in
the state of Punjab in India. It is a suburban city situated adjacent to the city of Chandigarh.
2. Is it a big city or a small place?
- Mohali is a moderately sized city with a population of around 200,000 people. It is not as large as some of the major cities in India like Mumbai or Delhi, but it is still a significant urban center in its own right.
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
- Mohali is a bustling city with a mix of
modern and traditional elements. It has plenty of shopping malls, food places, and
parks. It is a well-planned city with wide roads, ample green spaces, and modern
infrastructure. It is known for its world-class sporting facilities and is home to a
number of major sports training centers.
4. How long have you been living there?
- I have been living in Mohali for the past
5 years. Before that, I lived in a different city that is Patiala in Punjab, India.
5. Do you like your hometown?
- Yes, I like my hometown Mohali. It is a big and
modern city with plenty of amenities and facilities. The city has a vibrant culture
and rich history, and there are numerous places to visit and things to do.
Additionally, the food and shopping scenes in Mohali are particularly enjoyable.
Overall, I feel comfortable and happy living in my hometown.
6. Do you like living there?
- I really enjoy living in Mohali. It has all the modern
amenities and facilities one could ask for, and the people here are friendly and
welcoming. The city is well-connected with good transportation options, and I
appreciate the abundance of shopping malls and food places that are available
here. Overall, Mohali is a great place to live in and I feel fortunate to call it my
7. Would you say it’s an interesting place?
- Yes, I think Mohali is has mix of
urban and rural elements but it is a moderately interesting place. It doesn’t have the
same level of historical or cultural significance as some of the other cities in India,
but it still has plenty to offer. There are several shopping malls and famous food
places to explore, but at the same time, there are also peaceful green spaces and
agricultural fields. Overall, it offers a unique blend of experiences.
8. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
- One of the things I like most
about Mohali is the food. There are plenty of great restaurants and street food
stalls serving up delicious Punjabi cuisine. I also love the vibrant and lively
atmosphere of the city. Mohali has a bustling commercial center with many
shopping malls and markets, offering a wide range of products from trendy fashion to traditional handicrafts. Additionally, the city has several good schools and colleges, making it an ideal place for families with children. The people of Mohali are friendly and welcoming, which makes it a comfortable place to live in. Finally, the city’s proximity to the beautiful city of Chandigarh and other popular tourist destinations in the region makes it a convenient base to explore the area.
9. What’s your favorite part of your hometown?
- My favorite part of Mohali is the food scene. There are a number of fantastic restaurants and street food stalls offering a wide variety of delicious dishes. In addition to the food scene, I also love the abundance of green spaces and parks in Mohali.
10. Is there anything you dislike about it?
- The only thing I dislike about my hometown is its poor drainage system which can cause inconvenience during heavy rainfall. Since, during heavy rains, the streets can become flooded and difficult to navigate.
11. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
- While I don’t plan to specifically live in Mohali for a long time, I do plan to live nearby as Chandigarh, which is close to Mohali, is a hub of tourism and has many job opportunities.
12. Are there any tourist attractions in your hometown?
- There are a few other tourist attractions in and around Mohali that are worth mentioning . For example, the beautiful Gurudwara Amb Sahib is a significant religious site located in Mohali. Also, the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali is a popular destination for sports enthusiasts and cricket fans. Additionally, there are a few shopping malls and amusement parks in the city that attract visitors.
13. Did your friends also grow up in the same place as you?
- No, most of my friends did not grow up in Mohali. Some of my friends have lived in Mohali for a few years due to work or education, while others are from different parts of Punjab or nearby states. Regardless of where they are from, we all enjoy exploring the city and its surrounding areas together.
14. Would you like to live there in the future?
- Living in Mohali has been a great experience for me, and I have fond memories of the city. Although I have plans to move abroad, Mohali will always be close to my heart, and I will miss it. I would definitely consider living there again in the future, especially if I have family and friends in the area. The comfort and familiarity of being in my hometown is something that can’t be replaced, and I would enjoy living there again.