· Well, I am a person who loves to travel and explore new places but always feel that nothing can beat home when it comes to comfortable living.
· Today, I would like to talk about one such place where I enjoy going every year but I find it really difficult to stay there for a long time.
· So, the place is my maternal aunt’s house in West Delhi and I have been visiting her every year since my childhood.
· Earlier, I used to go there during my summer vacations with my mom, and we would spend close to 2 weeks with my cousins but for the last few years, I have been visiting her during the festival season.
· There are many reasons why I love to travel to Delhi.
· First of all, I really like visiting historical places like Red Fort, Humayun’s tomb, and Qutub Minar.
· Secondly, I really love Delhi’s nightlife and the variety of street foods available there.
· I am a foodie and I think Delhi is a paradise for all food lovers as all the different cuisines in the world are available there.
· And finally, I think Delhi is the best city for shopping as one can buy anything and everything at very affordable prices.
So many specialty markets for electronics, clothes and the biggest shopping malls in the country are also located there
· Even though Delhi is such a great place, there are still plenty of reasons why I think it is really difficult to live there.
· Let’s start with the biggest one which is obviously the population.
· Delhi is India’s most densely populated city with a population of almost 20 million people.
· It is equivalent to that of Australia, a country that is 4 times the size of India.
· It is really crowded out there and it is easy to get lost in the crowd.
· Another reason why I don’t like living there for long periods is air pollution, which is regularly above the hazardous level. I have mild asthma and it really gets worse when I breathe the polluted air in Delhi.
· Lastly, on a humorous note, my maternal uncle is an ex-army officer, and whenever I visit my aunt’s place I kind of hate the discipline and rules in their house.
· I always struggle to stay on my best behavior at all times because I am mostly casual about things and I also love to have fun. I always get awkward looks from my uncle.
· So, I would like to end by saying that one must visit Delhi but should not settle there.
Vocab –Describe a place(/person/home) you like to visit but you don’t want to live there
Maternal – related through the mother’s side of the family
Paradise – a place that is extremely beautiful and that seems perfect, like heaven
Cuisine – a style of cooking
Affordable – cheap enough that people can afford to buy it or pay it
Densely – in a way that contains a lot of people, things, plants, etc. with little space between them
Hazardous – involving risk or danger, especially to somebody’s health or safety
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES REGARDING THE SPEAKING MODULE, YOU CAN ASK US ON OUR FORUM.
WE HAVE A FREE WRITING CHECKING SERVICE FOR STUDENTS. WHERE WE CHECK STUDENT’S ESSAYS, GIVE THEM BAND AND HELP THEM TO IMPROVE THEIR SKILLS. FOR THAT, YOU JUST HAVE TO SHARE PHOTOS OF YOUR WRITTEN ESSAYS ON OUR INSTAGRAM PAGE. THEN, OUR TEAM WILL CHECK YOUR WORK AND GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS.
Click here to visit our INSTAGRAM PAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY REGARDING SPEAKING MODULE, YOU CAN ASK US ON OUR FORUM.